What we do
We work across West Norfolk to increase participation in activities that support health and wellbeing. Active Communities coordinators work within there area communicating and developing relationships with all stakeholders to ensure that no matter what age or ability there are activities for all. With a passion for their community and enthusiasm for physical activity, they will look to provide a community service with a wide range of benefits.
Active Communities Coordinators
The Active Communities Coordinators role is voluntary with an honorarium payment of up to £300 plus benefits. They will have a designated area where a coordinator is not already in existence. They will work closely with the Alive West Norfolk Community Development Manager and key responsibilities include:
- Liaise with community organisations to look for opportunities and coordinate activities which will help increase the amount of physical activity taking place in the community. For example – Parish Council, Village Hall and Playing Field Committees.
- Communicate with residents to gain an understanding of what the community requires, and what they would enjoy taking part in.
- Have an awareness of opportunities already available and signpost when required.
- Coordinate “come and try” or Activity sessions within the community.
With the support of the Community Development Manager
- Identify any funding or grant requirements for projects and support with filling in applications.
- Survey the requirement for resources to get new activities started.
- Identify the need for a holiday activity programme for young people and support where possible it’s implementation.
- Complete risk assessments for all activities in line with Alive West Norfolk’s policies and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with the Community Development Manager the needs of the community, share and explore ideas so that action plans can be drawn up, implemented, monitored and reviewed.
- When Borough competition or activities are planned, put together a team to take part.
Want to join the team?
If you are over 18 years of age and have a passion for your community and enthusiasm for physical activity, then why not apply to join the team. In the first instance please email the Community Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing an interest.
Full job description below:
Active Communities Coordinator role description
Clenchwarton & West Lynn